30 Best Buddha Quotes for a Meaningful Life!
Today on a thoughtful note, I am sharing a collection of Best Quotes & Sayings by Siddhartha Gautama Buddha (Spiritual Leader & healer). He left his palace and the designation of Prince to preach at an age of only 29 yrs.
These Buddha Sayings on love, life and peace are a part of his teachings after he attained enlightenment (said to have been for 49 days in continuous meditation).
2. Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
3. If with a pure mind a person speaks or acts, happiness follows them like a never-departing shadow.
4. Anger will never disappear so long as thoughts of resentment are cherished in the mind. Anger will disappear just as soon as thoughts of resentment are forgotten.
5. It is a man’s own mind, not his enemy or foe,that lures him to evil ways.
7. The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.
8. However many holy words you read, however many you speak, What good will they do you If you do not act on upon them.
10. In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.
11. There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills.
13. Whatever has the nature of arising has the nature of ceasing.
14. Know from the rivers in clefts and in crevices: those in small channels flow noisily, the great flow silent. Whatever’s not full makes noise. Whatever is full is quiet.
15. When you dig a well, there’s no sign of water until you reach it, only rocks and dirt to move out of the way. You have removed enough; soon the pure water will flow.
17. There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
18. If you light a lamp for somebody, it will also brighten your path.
20. If you are facing in the right direction, all you need to do is keep on walking.
21. If you find no one to support you on the spiritual path, walk alone. There is no companionship with the immature.
23. Irrigators channel waters; fletchers straighten arrows; carpenters bend wood; the wise master themselves.
24. Learn this from water: loud splashes the brook but the oceans depth are calm.
26. When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.
27. He who loves 50 people has 50 woes; he who loves no one has no woes.
28. What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.
30. Some do not understand that we must die, But those who do realize this settle their quarrels.
Hope you Enjoyed this post. Hit Like Below.
Feel free to Pin them or Share on Facebook.
OTHER MUST READS: