FabIndia review: FabIndia Tea Tree Facewash Review
Today is the FabIndia Review time and I am testing out Fabindia Tea tree facewash that boasts of qualifying their bestsellers list. Before accepting its claim of being a gorgeous face wash with tea tree oil, sadly it has to pass my scrutiny. So let’s begin:
Purified water (water guys!), sodium lauryl ether sulphate, cocoamidopropylbetaine, sodium chloride (table salt there), tea tree oil (okies) , salicylic acid (aspirin is an exfoliant), guar gum (guar dal powder to bind and hold the ingredients), turmeric extract (haldi anyone?), citric acid (lemon extract?).
Gently work up lather with a circular motion on wet face. Wash off and pat dry. Avoid contact with eyes. (Nothing Fancy Here!)
- 220 INR for 100ml (WOooH.. as of July.2017.)
- 290 INR for 100ml ( online rate as on Sept.2017)
- 165 INR for 120ml about an year ago.
This comes in a pale greenish tube with a flip cap on its head which is tight enough to hold for light travels. Open it and flows a light green gel of slightly runny consistency (almost jets out due to trapped pressure for the first time) that is not overtly thick. Gel holds a very light odour of tea-tree extracts (not very pungent or disturbing at all).
It effortlessly lathers with a little water and removes dirt and sweat well. After drying, skin doesn’t get very stretchy or dry. After repeatedly using it for about 21 days, I noticed minimal control of minor acne (I don’t have a major acne problem, only a few with changing seasons) but no effect on any Sun-tans (though it doesn’t claim to reduce any tan). It imparts a cool sensation for about 15-20 mins that wanes off after that. Face gets oily nearly in about 2-3 hrs and I have a mixed skin type (not very oily and not very dry).
So now for Pros and Cons.
- Easy to carry light plastic bottle.
- Charming Smooth cool gel texture
- Contains tea-tree oil
- Doesn’t dry skin after the wash
- Cures minor acne and rashes
- Smell is not very pungent or disturbing
- Price is increasing quiet steeply considering what it was a year ago.
- Seems to have very less tea-tea extract for potent results.
- Face gets oily in 2-3 hrs but that’s so with many other facewashes as well.
- Available in only FabIndia stores and very fewer websites like Nykaa and FabIndia online.
My Ratings: 2.5 Stars 😉 (out of 5)
Click and Buy Online :
To help you all, I have spotted it at 2 sites online if you wish to try.