Idiot- Proofing Velvet
Like a boiled egg’s non-settling tendencies on a frying operation, I have restless propensities on shopping operations. I pick anything under the sun which I find either interestingly unique or those articles that can be used somewhere in a noteworthy novel way. Brands don’t matter as long as I have a faith in the pieces I pick. That’s precisely how these 2 pieces (Velvet Bodycon and wide-necked Rose gold-logo-ed Cropped Tee) were attained from varied expeditions of the open market Op-shops and Grand & mini weekend Fairs alike. Staunchly ‘Non-Mall-ed’, this array of casuals over Velvet (spell formal) is squarely my take on relaxing 2 Classics- Velvet and Bodycon, totally Idiot-proof way.
Now spilling the beans on how to wear Bodycon for Work, a Date or Casually:
- For work– Throw on a Blazer, a neatly fitted shirt or a vest over the Bodycon and cover with Leather belt to make it work-appropriate. Don’t use huge jewelry- dainty minimal chains and rings are enough.
- For a Date– Most importantly add heels! Work your hair to a sultry (and by no means laborious) updo. Feeling comfortable in your dress is important: Choose a dark colored Bodycon to start with, shun sneaky skin-show, put on panties with invisible pant-linings or waist shapers underneath to flatter a shapely silhouette, but If you still don’t feel comfortable, leave the idea altogether and wear something else. There’s no point looking embarrassingly uncomfortable at the much anticipated moment.
- Casually– Casual-izing is all about formulating insouciance aka ‘Just threw this on in a jiffy’. Advocates of Dressing down are: Flats, sneakers, sandals, fedora hats, overused tees, cropped tops, jackets, scarves, sunglasses and leggings. Add one or two of these for a harmonious dapper. Beware over-heaping is like shouting ‘I tried a lot’.
Willing to spill some more beans?
Also Subscribe to the Blog by the form for exclusive future offers/ gift-cards and be in touch with the Week’s top stories!
Shop the Look :
- Velvet Blue similar Bodycon
- Boldgal similar cropped Tee
- Pleaser Heels
- Black similar jeggings
- Aamodhini similar Silver Necklace
- Ekaani’s Bracelet
MORE TO READ: