Khadi Therapeutic Blend of Herbs for Hair Review
You see that Bottle of mixed herbs above? This would look interesting to only those of you who love natural beauty products considering this is not a very fancy bottle. Do you believe in Ayurveda? Yes and No or maybe? Read on for this review of this Interesting Newbee in the market- his might as well be one of the best Khadi products by Gram Udyog!
Product: RSG Khadi Therapeutic Blend/ Mix of Herbs (Herbal Mix) for Hair
INR 280 for 120 grams of herbs offline in Sept 2017
INR 380 for 120 grams on Amazon via Khadi shop Dec 2017
Therapeutic blend of herbs is a traditional age old therapy with a unique formulation to treat hair problems like Hair loss, Dandruff and split ends leaving your hair soft, shiny and long and also aids in new hair growth.
Directions of Use:
Fill up the bottle with pure coconut oil and keep the bottle in sun for 4 days. Your herbal oil is ready for use. You can refill the bottle with oil for reuse 3-4 times.
No details at all. 😯
The bottle structure is as basic as it can be (you saw that) and bears a snap open flip-cap. Stuffed with herbs of all sorts, that cap is not spill proof at all. It has no fragrance at all (Maybe a plus point for sensitive noses there).
I enjoyed adding virgin coconut oil ( tried this one my best find yet) to these herbs and keep in the sun for 4 days minimum. Though the bottle mentions using coconut oil, raw sesame oil is also a good alternative or try a mixture of both oils- as they blend more readily and accept the qualities of the herbs very well. There is no harm in keeping it longer in the sun though, herbs will melt a tad bit more and concoction will be more concentrated. That will not irritate the scalp skin- so don’t worry. Minute granules float in oil and don’t entangle the hair. They wash off easily with shampooing.
After using it 2-3 times per week (preferably overnight) for 6 weeks, I noticed increased shine and smoothness in my hair. Also further greying of hair was curtailed but I can’t comment on reversibility of the grey hair to black. I am continuing it’s for now-fingers crossed and I am satisfied till now.
Pros and Cons:
Now for the final evaluation:
- Makes hair shiny and smooth in just a few uses.
- Refillable up to 4 times.
- Great for all kinds of scalps- dry or oily. Herbs may control excess oiliness of scalp as a part of therapy.
- Doesn’t irritate skin of scalp.
- Promotes existing hair growth and new hair generation.
- Herbs do not entangle hair at all; they melt into the oil under the sun forming minute granules. These are easily washable with shampoo.
- Stops greying of hair- especially Bhringraj is well known for this.
- Bottle runs for very long even for long hair like mine. Think about refilling for 4 times, it will easily run 6-8 months- Value for money?
- Cap is not at all leak-proof and bulky bottle is not travel friendly.
- No sweet or enchanting fragrances emanate from this oil.
- Needs Sun to melt herbs in the oil.
- Need to add coconut oil by yourself (oil not included, only herbs).
- Price: price comparison over 3 months (mentioned above) shows price disparency offline and online. First buy was offline in Sept and Online later in Dec.
- No details of herbs written on the bottle. Is that even allowed under the packaging rules of India? Hopeless. 🙄
I would buy this again for the sake of continuing this therapy, if I don’t find anything better by that time. I think it’s definitely worth one try at least. Ayurveda has largely untamed therapeutic power that very few people know about and try ever in their lives. It’s our own Science and these are just plain herbs, nothing else. How wrong would you go trying it after all, in case just one of all those herbs works in your favour?
Stars: 4.5/5 Stars
Its better you buy directly from Khadi shop offline as the price is lesser. Difference in its cost online and also on different websites is what I worry about. No transparency in rates. There are obviously those times one is too busy to go hunting offline. If you wish to buy online and when time is more precious than money, online availability is mentioned below. In case this product is unavailable in Amazon, give it some time to be restocked! :
Would you try this enticing herbal mix? Looks true to some of its claims.
Do tell me in the Comments below. Also ask me for any queries or doubts.
Talking with you all is what I really look forward to. Come-on lets make this Fun!